Friday, February 12, 2010

Weekend Rentals - Favorite Romantic Movies...

In a former life my Valentine's Days consisted of pedicures, a romantic feast, and lingerie but these days it's all about homemade valentines with the toddler and snuggling up for a movie post bedtime...not that I'm complaining - I'll take any excuse to watch some of my old favorites...my taste tends towards the tragic, weepy films but I can also go for a well done romcom too...throw in some Jane Austen and period costumes and I'm in heaven...what are your favorite romantic films??

My Top Three:
Out Of Africa - hands down favorite...when he follows her into the tent as she's undressing "I'd like to do that..." Swoon! Washing her hair for her...and sobbing through the whole ending...
Casablanca - the iconic lines kill me everytime...of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world she walks into mine - the anguish on Bogie's face...too perfect!
Sense and Sensibility - when Emma Thompson gulps, sobs at the end I'm right there with her...


Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
xoxo
Michelle

4 comments:

  1. I must agree about "Out of Africa"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome choices! The end of Sense & Sensibility gets me every single time. The recent Pride and Prejudice is pretty wonderful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Room with a View, Out of Africa definately, and I have to add the very un-British but so romantic Say Anything. And Mr. Darcy . . . ah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm going to have to revisit Out of Africa.
    I can't even think how many times I watched A Room With A View during the '80s. I was a bit obsessed. But I'd have to say my alltime favorite is one that's more bitter than sweet, The Lover, Based on the Marguerite Duras book. These days, it's more Curious George and Mary Poppins. I'm looking forward to the day that my daughter is old enough to watch The Little Princess!

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!