Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Everyday Obsessions {5} - Jane, Simple + Pretty

In the midst of all the Fall Fashion happening on the runways it only seems fitting to check in with Jane over at simple +pretty for this weeks Everyday Obsessions...I count on her to keep me up to date with all the new collections and adore her lovely ephemera picks as well! Thanks Jane!!


In My Closet:
tee - mostly gap
jeans - various iterations of a tailored boyfriend look
on my feet - black ballet flats
accessory - right now i'm all about scarves
jewelry - engagement/wedding ring


Home:
walls - farrow & ball paint for fabulous depth of color
bedding - white sheets
flowers - peonies! (photo via five lovely things)
favorite design source - the newsstand (and ina garten's paris apartment)



 Beauty Secrets:
Skin - philosophy skincare works for me
makeup - bobbi brown tawny blush + fresh sugar rose balm
scent - le labo rose 31


In My Kitchen:
cookbook - everyday food by martha stewart living
gadget - onion chopper (fewer tears!)
15 min easy recipe - marinated tomato/mozzarella/basil with pasta (must be summer tomatoes)


Pop Culture Extra Credit:
on my nightstand - piles and piles of magazines
on my tivo - 30 rock, parks + rec (so good this year!), daily show
in my ipod - right now a lot of phoenix + vampire weekend

Catch even more of Jane's pretty paper and pretty things on Twitter, Tumblr, and Formspring

5 comments:

  1. thanks, michelle!

    so pleased to participate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ready to wear black ballet flats and throw my snowboots in the closet for good. I love fresh...especially the fresh lemon sugar. It's the best for summer! I must try the lip balm. Peonies are my fav flower as well. We lived in a tiny 70 year old house for awhile and I had 16 peony bushes across my back fence. It was heaven. I am also currently rockin to the new Vampire Weekend. I loved the last album so much. Am I old...or do they remind you of The Kinks? Will someone please help me rock my boyfriend jeans properly? I am so inept. I feel foolish in them. I am so short, and when I roll them up I feel like I look ridiculous. A little help? Great post...I am dreaming of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the top photo of what's in your closet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the simple yet pretty everyday ensemble.

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!