Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Everyday Obsessions {1} - Katie Hobbs, Les Nouvelles

Here's the first in a new feature here at Pretty Mommy called Everyday Obsessions...It seems at this point in my life I'm more interested in the sort of day to day objects that sustain us rather than the showstoppers...the jeans you wear 5 days in a row without washing, those perfect sheets you look forward to climbing into at the end of the day, the recipe you make at least once a week without much effort...so I'm turned to some of my favorite tastemakers for their answers and I'm so excited to share their responses! First up is Katie Hobbs of Les Nouvelles...I've already rhapsodized about how much I love her store and all the amazing designers she carries so if you haven't had a chance to check it out I highly recommend you do so!  She's also generously offered an extra 10% off all sale items in the month of February using code PM10 at checkout...Thanks Katie!!



In My Closet:
Kain Pocket Tee - Yes, they are dry clean only, but the drape and cashmere blend fabric make them an everyday luxury. Avail at LN
 Rag & Bone Denim Leggings - These fit so well and the contour stitches make your legs look extra slim. Avail at LN
Repetto flats
My new men's Timex Easy Reader watch! It's simple, chic...and a steal at $35!
Layered vintage necklaces and my "vintage" pink Goyard circa 2004.


Beauty Secrets:
Murad Environmental Shield. The Active Radiance Serum is amazing!
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer
Viktor & Rolf - Flower Bomb



In My Home:
Framed Vintage maps of places I've traveled to.
Dwell studio bedding
Hydrangeas - from my back yard when in season
Favorite design source - Providence Antiques in Atlanta, GA. I go almost weekly as there is always a new treasure to be found.




In My Kitchen:
cookbook - The Epicurious iphone app!
gadget - The Rabbit Wine Opener
15 min easy recipe - Whole wheat bowtie pasta, pesto, pine nuts, chicken sausage and fresh grated parm. Just mix it together and voila!
can't live w/o ingredient - Sea Salt


Pop Culture Extra Credit:
on my nightstand - The Piano Teacher by Janice Lee
on my tivo - eeek, Jersey Shore. Very guilty pleasure.
in my ipod - Phoenix

5 comments:

  1. I've been looking for the perfect black flats...will have to check it out.
    Do you use the Laura Mercier Tinted or Illuminating? I use the illuminating and I LOVE the glow.
    I have heard of the Flower Bomb perfume...must try....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually going to head to Nordstrom's to pick up some LM tinted...what's the difference btw that and the illuminating????

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Illuminating gives a subtle glow! I recently upgraded from the regular tinted moisturizer. Highly recommend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Repettos! Have been wearing them my whole life - they are amazing, timeless, wonderful shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Katie...it is amazing! It has just the tiniest bit of shimmer. You will seriously glow. I can put this on with mascara and lipgloss and look DONE.

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!