Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Movie, A Memory, an Outfit, and some tunes...


Went to see Crazy Heart this weekend, Jeff Bridges & the soundtrack are amazing; just a great, quiet movie...left me feeling totally nostalgic for my childhood  - even though it's set in the present, Bad Blake's wardrobe was so on the mark for a certain era of good old boys in Texas....the thin, short sleeve western shirts that need a v-neck undershirt, poly blend slacks with cowboy boots and big belt buckles, and of course perfectly faded chambray shirts and jeans...
takes me back to country music's crossover heyday in the late 70's early 80's...  riding around Austin in my PawPaw's truck drinking Big Red, singing Elvira, On the Road Again, and the entire Urban Cowboy soundtrack (my fave - I so wanted to be the big city cowgirl Pam with lurex western shirts and feathers in my hair).  I loved poring over my parent's album covers...just revisiting these got me totally inspired - wasn't Linda Ronstadt gorgeous? and Emmylou Harris - divine! 
what would a  modern day country/hippie chanteuse wear?...perhaps this Winter Kate Eden Jacket, over some faded out Current Elliott Skinny slouch Jeans, Loeffler Randall's Kat Cowboy Boot**, an Urban Renewal Vintage Leather Belt, Lace Trim tank, layers of LowLuv x Erin Wasson jewelry...and of course hair in a big,messy, topknot...
excuse me while I turn on the Seven Year Ache and get ready for a night at the Broken Spoke...


** I bought these about 5 yrs ago from LR's 2nd collection and they are my FAVORITE boots ever...so comfy and cute...happy to see they brought them back for Spring '10...wish they weren't so damn spendy...



If you need some tunes to get you in the mood I'd spin these:

2 comments:

  1. Thanks...I was wondering about that movie. But I have to say that I have never known anyone else who could appreciate Linda Ronstadt! I remember my Mom playing her albums when I was a kid and I still have that soundtrack in my head. I loved her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back in the day, I wore out that Urban Cowbay soundtrack so many times! I still find myself humming "Looking for Love." And I love that movie, even though it is pretty silly. If I am flipping through the channels and it is on, I've just automatically lost a few hours. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!