Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday Mom - a few favorites...

Okay, for the second week in a row I'm dodging my "mom" feature but I'm technically on vacation so I wasn't in the mood to tackle any pressing topics...tv time, finally weaning (seriously!), toddler tantrums, etc...
Instead, I'll stick to what I do best and highlight a few of my mom must haves...
Hopefully we're nearing the end of the diaper stage but for now I can't go anywhere without tossing one of these Patemm pads in my bag...
a round, portable diaper pad with pockets, it folds up into a nice little square and keeps diapers and wipes handy...a great shower gift and new mom essential!  The laminated cotton is free of all the yucky chemicals found in plastics and come in an organic version as well...

This Beaba Babycook was an awesome first Mother's Day present from my mom and I haven't stopped using it since...The Beaba steams and purees in one sweet little package... perfect for tackling make your own baby food (so easy, I swear!). Now I use it on a daily basis for whipping up easy sides of veggies for dinner.


Peaceful car rides are something to be treasured and having music to soothe those savage beasts goes a long way...Lila's current faves are The Biscuit Brothers...which thankfully doesn't make me want to slit my wrists...it helps a little that they hail from Austin :)  Depending on where you live you can check them out on PBS as well...


Finally, I've was totally crushing on Lila decked out in this outfit yesterday (which could have been pulled from my closet circa 1984)  a Classic J Crew Ruffled Oxford Shirt with the sleeves rolled up, Gap Destructed Cropped Boyfriend Jeans, a Madonna-esque Tulle Headband, and Van's check slipon shoes...it was super cute to see my girly girl all tomboy style...Is it wrong that I want to dress like my 2 1/2 yr old??
xoxo, M
PS...did you catch this paper doll set over at Mrs. Lilien? Kind of genius!!

3 comments:

  1. love your blog! You have great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree an everything above ;). I made all of H's food on the baby cook and love how easy it is. How was Austin lady?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!! Austin's great - sunshine, texmex, what could be better :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!