Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Everyday Obsessions {7} - Erika Schenk, Plaisirs Simple

I don't recall how I first stumbled upon Plaisirs Simples but it was definitely love at first site...immaculately curated by NYC girl Erika Schenk, it is a treasure trove of all things eclectic and beautiful in fashion, interiors, etc...so of course I had to pick her brain for today's Everyday Obsessions...Merci Erika!!


In My Closet:
tee -  boy tees by velvet for calypso
jeans - BDG Black denim leggings
on my feet - frye oxfords
accessory - YSL aviators


Beauty Secrets:
Skin - the trusty clinique three step program. never fails me.
makeup - smugded black eyeliner and a little blush!
scent - chanel mademoiselle. it's the only scent i don't get sick of!


Home:
walls - drawings and oil paintings picked up from less expensive antique stores, and a great pair of antlers i found at a thrift store in brooklyn.
bedding - john robshaw
flowers - wildflowers (photo via frolic), solidago
favorite design source - Blogs and Domino Magazine's source guide that I printed off before the site was taken down...sigh. The book is a great resource too.


In My Kitchen:
cookbook - Not much of a cook, but the few meals I've really succeeded at were from the Barefoot Contessa
gadget - Bialetti 3-Cup Stovetop Espresso Maker
15 min easy recipe - running down the street to see what they have at Agata y Valentina...the best grocery store in NY!
can't live w/o ingredient - olive oil


Pop Culture Extra Credit:
on my nightstand - "the boss of you" by Lauren Bacon and Emira Mears... I have a few ideas for a small business and this book is a great starting point to collect and organize your thoughts
on my tivo - Mad Men is the only show I REALLY follow. Can't wait for season 4 to start! But the housewives of OC and NY are guilty pleasures
in my ipod - Anything Carla Bruni

2 comments:

  1. great picks! i LOVE that YSL ring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your MadMen devotion...and Carla Bruni is my girl. My daughter falls asleep to her songs on my iPod.

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!