Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Off The Grid & Fall Must List - Miya, You + Me*


 I fantasize of being able to take my surfboard down the coast and surf the forgotten spots early in the morning.  I haven't surfed since I left California 8 years ago, but every time I go back, I can almost hear the ocean calling my name.  There is nothing like a quiet dawn surf to quiet the mind and humble the spirit.  
(this image was taken from 
this slideshow)



Fall Must Have: A pair of oxfords, hands-down. I plan on wearing them to make my summer dresses seem more fall-y, to make my jeans/t-shirt uniform feel more put-together, and to wear something besides running shoes, sandals, or ballet flats for once. Here's a round-up of some of the ones I'm coveting. Clockwise from top left: Camden leather brogues, J.Crew; Bass Brodie (at Amazon); Lewis Oxford at Free People; Henry cuir Fringe Oxfords, Barneys; Golden or Silver Oxford Flats by Golden Peonies (I almost bought a pair just like these in Paris, until my husband laughed at me. I'll never forgive myself for listening to his fashion taste);Champ Oxfords by Keds (at Piperlime)
Miya Hirabayashi- You + Me*
 
ps - don't forget to enter their excellent giveaway that ends Friday!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the oxfords. I remember my White Mountain oxfords from high school. Love those green ones above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't boast enough about the J.Crew Camden leather brogues and how beautiful and comfortable and versatile they are. I LOVE mine!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!