In about 2 1/2 weeks I turn 35, which, I realize, is not nearly old enough to start lamenting wrinkles and grey hair...after all, I am the same age as Drew Barrymore so the idea of getting old doesn't seem possible, right?
But there they are, those wiry grays starting to sprout, the tiny lines wrinkling around my eyes when I smile...and generally, I'm cool with that...but.....after perusing the holiday pics from this past weekend I had a little moment, a slight hiccup in self esteem, a mini mid 30's crisis if you will...
so, here's my game plan to hit 35 feeling more Drew than drawn...
1. Do something active everyday - ride my bike, yoga, long walk, etc
2. Get a much overdue facial - luckily my favorite esthetician, Kristin, is running an amazing special for the next 2 days - hurry to take advantage of it here
3. Tame my crazy brows, which have been hiding behind my bangs long enough...waxing makes me break out so I'm headed to Christina at Blink for some threading
4. Avoid sugar like it's the plague (yikes, no daily ice cream break??)
5. Get my hair did - inch long roots are not doing me any favors
6. Buy a REAL bra...I'm such a wuss about underwires but going from b to c to a over the last 3 years has my girls looking a little less than fab - oh, the sacrifices of motherhood - any suggestions??
7. Quit buying t-shirt dresses and invest in one cute "date" dress...Tucker, do you hear me calling?
8. Hit some pilates classes for my posture - the hunchback look has never been chic
9. Pedicure, pedicure, pedicure and some short red fingernails
10. Beauty Rest!! (this might be the answer to all my problems!)
Anyone want to join in?? I'd love some spa partners...August 9th is d-day! I'd love to hear your beauty secrets...