Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer Travel Essential: Towelettes - Elizabeth Dehn, Beauty Bets


If ever a girl needed a beauty guru, it is 4 days into a camping trip...luckily I have Elizabeth Dehn, of the fantastic Beauty Bets, here to fill in as we drive back to civilization and better internet access...in addition to her must read blog, Elizabeth also writes for Fashion Weekly, Everyday with Rachael Ray, Minnesota Monthly, and the Star Tribune and serves as the regular beauty contributor to Twin Cities Live television. Thanks Elizabeth!








Summer Travel Essential: Towelettes
Elizabeth Dehn / BeautyBets.com

Ye old baby wipes have evolved into ingenious beauty essentials for grown-ups. Practical, multi-tasking, and perfect for on-the-go, there’s one for nearly every purpose under the sun. Here, my top three picks:


Sonia Kashuk Self-Tanning Towelettes ($10)– Though I was skeptical at first (sunless-tanner is tricky enough), these budget-friendly cloths are easy to use and impart the most natural-looking golden glow. Available for both the face and body, I actually use the body version on my face as well, to save space in my suitcase!


SuperGoop Sunscreen Swipes SPF 30 ($10 and up)The gold standard for serious sun protection, this paraben, oxybenzone, and fragrance free water-resistant sunblock was already the jam. Now that it comes in packs of eight wipes, I don’t go anywhere without it. (From $10 at Nordstrom)


Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towelettes ($6)Facial cloths are nothing new, but these are something else entirely. They cleanse, remove makeup, and moisturize in one refreshing swoop. Toss them in your suitcase, gym bag, or desk for afternoon refreshers. More amazing: They’re biodegradable.




1 comment:

  1. These are fantastic! They are all new to me and I have traveled so much this summer....I only wish I had them 6 weeks ago.
    Going to search for them now!
    Best,
    Tina

    Hope you are enjoying your camping trip!

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!