Clearly, I don't mean half of what I write in this little space because there I was on December 31st declaring a no resolution, go easy on myself 2011 and here I am making lists and trying to give myself a virtual kick in the pants...mind you, nothing dramatic - just a push to go from frumpy to fresh (yet again, sort of the theme of this blog) but still maintain my low fi status like the ever lovely Sofia & Clemence...
Unfortunately being 5.5 months pregnant and living somewhere where 20 degrees is "warming up" is a fantastic excuse for sweatpants and frizzy hair...but a few things happened last week that demand a clean up of the beauty/fashion routine...first, I was lucky enough to have coffee with my absolute favorite blogger (who is, yes, even more gorgeous, smart, funny, and cool in person...sigh) and had a mini panic attack when I realized my suitcase was full of oversize comfort tees and nary a good outfit in sight (luckily I had a groovy handbag which I hoped was a excellent distraction), then I was at the Coop on New Year's Day and caught a family smirking in my direction - perhaps my yoga pants tucked into clog boots/knee length parka/ mismatched gloves/ and toddler hat were a little too hobo chic? and the last straw was the present my husband brought back from a Target run - a package of razors...a hint yes?
So I'm taking a little inspiration from these ladies above...(come May I will be breaking out my collection of belts and flowery dresses!)
and here goes...a few things to get me through til spring...
1) I will not let my roots get so long that springy grey hairs are evident
2) I will paint my nails red once a week because it makes me happy
3) I will not leave the house in anything that might resemble pajamas (which necessitates at least one more pair of maternity jeans - any suggestions?)
4) I will finally, finally visit Nordstrom's lingerie department and buy real bras (my least favorite part of being pregnant = boobs! please can I have my a cups back?)
5) and I will quit hiding my unkempt brows behind my bangs
There, no heavy lifting, just easy peasy maintenance...anything on your agenda?
Happy New Year!! It feels good to be back...