Friday, October 8, 2010

Dirty, Sexy, Skinny Indie Rock Boys + Me




Greetings from Austin! It's a gorgeous sunny day, highs in the 80's, Dad & his girlfriend are on tap to babysit Miss L and we are headed out to Day One of the Austin City Limits Fest...we'll be racing from The Black Keys, to Spoon, to Vampire Weekend, to The Strokes maybe catching a bit of Robert Randolph, Sonic Youth, and Ryan Bingham in between...basically my fantasy day of tight jeans wearing cute boys who all rock a good falsetto (oh the falsetto gets me everytime)...

Recipe Exchange - Estelle from Under a Pink Moon is up today - yeah!! - with a Winter Warmer Soup, exactly what I need...
a little recap
Oct 4 - Michelle - Pretty Mommy
Oct 5 - Torrie - a place to share...
Oct 6 - Katie - the30girl.com
 
Happy Weekend!!
xoxo, M

ps - we're not going to talk about the fact that I have a searing sinus headache, a hacking cough and have been fighting it off all week - the show must go on, eh?  or am I too old to rock'n'roll with a cold and should just climb back in bed??

7 comments:

  1. You are hilarious! Enjoy! Feel better. A shot would probably help... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, first of all? I think this post wins best title ever. Really. Awesome.
    Second, I.am.so.jealous. Vampire Weekend was here just last weekend and we couldn't go because we had a wedding to attend. And I have been listening to the Black Keys for the past week for some reason on constant rotation.
    3rd, I have the same yuck. Right now i am sipping soup and my nose is running. Ugh!
    Have fun at the music festival!
    Best,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm seriously impressed with your commitment. Mush on lady. I had to cancel and amazing trip to LA this weekend due to this flu. Enjoy every moment of childfree time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh awesome, awesome, awesome!!!

    we saw vampire weekend on wednesday in dallas. they were fantastic!

    have fun lady. feel better
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  5. LUcky you - I miss Austin! Hope the cold passes quickly and you have time to rock n roll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got back from ACL too! Great weather made it a wonderful weekend, hope you had fun too!

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!