Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Y'all and a small gift to you!!

Howdy! Well, I didn't mean to disappear after Tuesday but life, packing, and general holiday mayhem were keeping me busy...fortunately we are safely in Austin, a bit more rested, with bellies waiting to be filled with Tex-mex and bar-b-que...hope everyone is having a lovely holiday and I'll see you here on Monday!
and because it's the season here's my little gift to you:
My husband, a music writer by trade, puts together a mix tape every year - his picks for best singles of 2011 (trust me, he's a professional, it's good stuff)- so here it is:
download them from itunes and give to your favorite hipster...or rock out while basting the turkey (although a few of the songs are a little NSF relatives or small children)

Justin Townes Earle, “Wanderin’”
Cee Lo Green, “#$@! You”
Black Keys, “Sinister Kid”
Vampire Weekend, “Cousins”
Retribution Gospel Choir, “Working Hard”
Janelle Monae, “Tightrope”
Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings, “Mama Don’t Like My Man”
Communist Daughter, “Not the Kid”
Arcade Fire, “The Sprawl II”
The Dead Weather, “No Horse”
Dessa, “Dixon’s Girl”
Willie Nelson, “My Baby’s Gone”
Band of Horses, “Older”
Free Energy, “Dream City”
Kanye West et al., “Monster”
Titus Andronicus, “T.A. Forever”
Cloud Cult, “Running With the Wolves”
Mavis Staples, “Wrote a Song for Everyone”
Dawes, “When My Time Coves (live)”
Florence & the Machine, “Dog Days Are Over”
Johnny Cougar, “Graceful Fall”

xoxo, M
ps - a special thank you to all my wonderful readers!! Your comments and emails all year make me so, so happy especially since I have been so remiss in returning the favor...I promise to be better next year...
pps - and a HUGE thank you for everyone who supported my shop this year - it's a work in progress but so wonderful to be able to do what I love AND still have the opportunity to be home with my girl...

7 comments:

  1. That's fab! I'm no professional but coincidentally I put together my own list at http://tinyurl.com/2vegjod. Let's trade mixtapes! Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I miss Austin. It's been too long.
    And thanks for the list! Will have to check these out. My husband was in a band when we met, and we have a long and romantic history of trading mixes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Holidays Michelle! So glad you are in Austin. You know that play list makes my heart go boom, right? I have a Zune...I know, I'm like the ONLY one. Maybe my Hubby can figure out how to download it for me? Hope you have fun in Austin!
    All the best,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a merry Christmas and and happy healthy new year!! So excited for this play list. It looks awesome!! Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had as much fun celebrating the holidays in Austin as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am finally tackling my reader after a few week hiatus! Happy 2011 to you and I hope you enjoyed your time in Texas.

    I just read that your husband is a music writer (via Tina's blog)... very cool! Thanks for the play list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love a new mix! my ipod had broken last year and I finally just bought a new one and am on the search for great new tunes. Thanks for sharing:) xo

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!