Friday, May 28, 2010

Weekend Rental - School's Out Edition

What could be more apropos for Memorial Day weekend than setting up the moviemate in the backyard, grabbing a couple of cold brews and hanging out with crew in Dazed & Confused?  one of my all times favorites...it holds a soft spot in my heart for a few reasons... it was filmed in Austin...it was my second date with my husband, at the Dobie - when it had bleacher seats...You can catch a glimpse of one of my best friends, Stacy, in the pool hall scene chattin up MM... directed by Richard Linklater (you can catch a glimpse of me in one of his other movies in my I'm going to be a famous actress phase) who also directed some of other faves, Before Sunrise & Before Sunset...alright, alright, alright...Happy Weekend!!

6 comments:

  1. Definitely a new classic. Parker Posey is epic. (Also, Joey Lauren Adams? Love her. I just saw her playing a stepmom-ish character and felt old. Sigh.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I loved her too...Chasing Amy!! Classic too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dazed and Confused brings back great memories...makes me wish I was still a teenager...
    Hope your having a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This movie is a classic! I remember thinking I was happy that I didn't have to go to high school with Parker Posie's character. And good lord, what a soundtrack! Fantastic movie!

    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS MOVIE! Seriously, Matthew M's character is killer.
    Hope your weekend was fabulous!
    Best,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh yes one of the best movies ever. totally classic!

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!