Friday, May 14, 2010

Book Report...

I'm headed off to SF for an unexpected quick trip...my little bro's in the hospital (doing better - whew!) so  I need a good, engrossing read for all the air miles I'll be logging...any suggestions?? I'd love to hear what you are reading...

Here are two books I just preordered and can't wait for them to arrive...

Time For Dinner - written by 3 former Cookie Editors
Whether moms have picky or adventurous eaters and whether they love to cook or just endure it, getting dinner on the table weeknight after weeknight is enough to make a mom throw in the towel. It's a grind that wore down former Cookie magazine editors, Pilar Guzman, Jenny Rosentrach, and Alanna Stang until they made it their mission to figure out all the ways they could reclaim the family dinner. Time for Dinner is that playbook of tricks, inspiration, plans, and 100 go-to recipes. With 250 photographs, it's a visual toolkit of a book that gives every mom the ideas and strategies she needs to get a great family meal on the table night after night without losing her mind (or her sense of humor).
Excellent right?? Found via Jenny's blog Dinner a Love Story via Raising Foodies (yes, I know, I need to start the Joslyn fan club right?)

sundays are for lovers is an exploration in four parts: eat, rest, laugh, love. there is a particular tenor to a sunday... there's laziness, cooking breakfast, comfy-clothes, time spent in bed, wandering the neighborhood, sitting in a café, house-work, yard-work, making out, art projects, meeting friends at the pub, a last chance to get shit done before the work-week begins and then of course the end of something ... the beginning of something.
Featuring so many of my favorites - CD Ryan, Serena Mitnik-Miller, Sandra Juto, Lena Corwin, etc...
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I need that book and I am still mourning Cookie....
    Best,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. that book looks totally fab, no??! can't wait to get my hands on it. i'm loving her blog!

    xoxo

    p.s. i'm the president of your fan club!

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!