Thursday, May 6, 2010

NYC Crushes

Brunch at Prune...Chicago Matchstick Bloody Mary & Spicy Stewed Chickpeas...yes please!!


Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings at the Apollo, yes, you heard me right!!


Ramen at Momofuku after...
(let's not talk about the disastrous meal at Ko the last time I was in NYC!)

Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge, wearing this shabd scarf everyday and scoring some $15 Karen Walker knockoff sunglasses at In God We Trust


almost walking out of No. 6 with 2 pairs of clogs but being good and only splurging on one...



The atmosphere and music at Vinegar Hill House - sometimes bad service and okay food can be overlooked with Pavement & The Replacements blasting away...


Staying in Brooklyn...I usually get to crash with my friend Stacy in Dumbo (seriously this is her view - swoon!) but this time we stayed at the nu hotel - right at Smith & Atlantic...so many good shops nearby (my faves Bird, Layla, Steven Alan, dear fieldbinder), bigger rooms, near the subway and less than Manhattan prices

all the beautiful flowers on the High Line and eating chocolate, peanut, espresso, sea salt ice cream at the Cookshop Stand


never, never getting tired of visiting John Derian's home store and wanting to move in...

still having a mile long list of places I didn't make it to but so happy to come home to a backyard full of Lila and Lilacs
xoxo
PS - a huge thanks and shout out to Stacy & Kat, of course, and the awesome Laura from Cherrypatter who made sure I knew all the right spots to eat at...if you are headed to NYC, live there, or just want to dream about it make sure you check out her blog!!

5 comments:

  1. oh I am writing all of this down... I will be back in NYC in a couple weeks... so excited to have a few new things on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get you my interview! So sorry, with the upcoming move life has been utter chaos. Will do it today! This post has me weak in the knees---how I miss New York! I lived three blocks from John Derian and used to go practically every day...sigh.

    XX katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i need to print this out and copy the day to a tea!.plus the clogs are a MUST-BUY..easy for me to say as i am still pining for my swedish hasbeens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is cooky! we do so many of the same things... love it all! thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!