Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Everyday Obsessions {15} - Kate Arends, { wit + delight }

What is it about girls named Kate?  They just seem to be born with an extra ounce of cool...of course, there's THE Kate (Moss, that is), uber stylists Kate Lanphear & Kate Young, Cate Blanchett, Kate Hepburn...which brings me to the cool Kate in my own backyard - Kate Arends, Mpls graphic designer and curator of the awesome { wit + delight }...she kind of blows me away with her style so I was very keen to hear her Everyday Obsessions - thanks for sharing Kate!!

In My Closet:
Tee - Slouchy white tees. I’m not picky about the brand, just the fabric.
Jeans - I’m really into boyfriend jeans these days. It is hard to face those skinny jeans knowing that my comfy boyfriends are a fashionable alternative.
On my feet - Chucks. I do have a few pairs of 5 inch heels that still get a good amount of use. This is against better judgment, of course.
Accessory - A worn leather bag.
Jewelry - Engagement ring and a leather bangle.
______________________




Beauty Secrets:
Skin - Facials once every 6-8 weeks. Sounds indulgent, but I don’t spend money on highlights or fancy hair cuts.
Makeup - Bobbi Brown palettes. I love how efficiently they package these guys. Everything you need is in that little compact.
Scent - Chance by Chanel. My mom keeps a little bottle at home. She sprays it when she misses me. I think that’s so sweet!
______________________

In My Home:
Walls - Covered with art. I keep the frames in the same place, but change prints every so often.
via sfgirlbybay from Domino
Bedding - We registered for this lovely white duvet that I cannot wait to get my hands on.
Flowers - White tulips
Favorite design source: Italian Art Deco: Graphic Design Between the Wars, by Steven Heller and Louise Fili
______________________

In My Kitchen:
Cookbook - The Kitchen Diaries by Nigel Slater. The book was written and photographed in real time, so the recipes are mostly simple, quick, and resourceful. After reading this book, you'll be inspired to make use of what you have sitting in your fridge.
Gadget - Bamix Emerson Blender. We use it for healthy smoothies and creamy soups. It's a breeze to clean!
30 min easy recipe - Toss some pesto, ricotta, and fresh tomatoes, with whole wheat pasta. Top with some parmigiano reggiano. I also love this Asparagus Pesto Pasta dish from Simply Recipes.
Can't live w/o ingredient - Basil. I could eat basil on everything.
______________________


Pop Culture Extra Credit:
On my nightstand - I’m finally finishing A Short History of Nearly Everything, by Bill Bryson.
On my tivo - Modern Family for the laughs. Mad Men for the glam.
In my iPod - The XX, Solid Gold, Empire of the Sun, Passion Pit, Dr. Dog, Band of Horses, and Broken Bells.

5 comments:

  1. love this series..and i want her style..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the kind words michelle! i really enjoyed putting this list together.


    (ps- my parents actually named me after the great katharine hepburn!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great music picks. Who makes the white tee shown here? It's perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous post. I love it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such a great post, and her music picks are PERFECTION!

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!