Thursday, May 20, 2010

Garden Update - Spinach!!
























This week we've been feasting on the first fruits of my little garden - lots and lots of spinach...


















last night I made a simple salad of spinach, toasted nuts, grated hard cheese, hard boiled eggs and my new favorite vinaigrette:
olive oil, champagne vinegar, honey, lemon juice, pepper and sea salt (currently obsessed with pink himalayan)
I could have eaten a huge bowl! 



















Next up, my radishes are poking their heads through...and the arugula and mache "carpets" are sprouting fast...peas are starting to twine up the trellis...lots of different lettuce planted, strawberries, carrots, beets, herbs, artichokes, beans...need to get potatoes and tomatoes going and would love to plant peppers as well...hmmm...might need to expand! How are your gardens growing??

2 comments:

  1. Wow looks great! Have you ever been to Traditional Foods MN, just read about it in the Star Trib!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been yet!! Let's go soon...

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!