Friday, September 23, 2011

Setting An Intention




photos via Modern Bliss & Montmarte
Hello friends! Can I offer up some truthiness and tell you that it's been a doozy of a week?  Pretty humbling moments both parental and professional...each a little stomach ache inducing...so when I was doing some late night blog browsing last night and came across Leanne's lovely yoga studio in Georgetown on Montmarte I had the sudden revelation that I needed to hit a yoga mat NOW...sometimes when life is out of balance the best thing to do is hang upside down for a bit, no? So I'm setting an intention to get myself to a class asap...down dog, hot tea, and some fall coziness with the fam are my only must dos...any intentions on your agenda?
xoxo, M

ps - speaking of Montmarte, Renee's shop Anaise is full of so many lovelies right now...and I'm pretty sure this pink bra by Araks would be pretty mood enhancing as well!

pps - and speaking of a shop full of lovelies, PM is bursting at the seams with new fall gorgeousness...I'll be putting up new Dream Collective this weekend that is BEYOND and the new Matta just arrived...LOVE!

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you & I had a similar week. Your weekend should set you on better path... yoga, warm beverages, family... all good.

    Me? ...wine, family, wine, food, wine... all good too :).

    (I really appreciate your package & always fast & friendly service. I can't wait to carry my bag this weekend, wear my new earrings, and nourish my skin with the facial cream- which I love btw!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wanna go to yoga tomorrow morning at 8am? this week will melt away in no time. xE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smart lady, you are. Good for you...I usually fall back to wine and chocolate. Yoga is much healthier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy the yoga and a weekend to fill you up. take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing greater for regaining balance and finding perspective than yoga! Hoping your weekend brings both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle - it was such a surprise to click over here and find the studio and photos - yay! Thanks!

    I hope you found a class to nourish your body and spirit. Thank you for the reminder about turning upside down. Even as a teacher, we sometimes tend to get stuck in our ways and it takes someone else to jolt us out into a new perspective. We practiced handstands today.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend with what matters the most.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm having the same kind of week or more like month. And truthfully, I was just trying to figure out a way to get to some kind of yoga class too. I need to calm like WAY down. Wish we could meet up for a class. Here is to a better week!
    xo Trina

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my, I have been thinking about yoga all weekend so it is so comforting to read your post. sometimes, yoga is the only answer! happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Michelle. I so hope you got some yoga time for yourself. I know what you mean about feeling out of balance and I too have been yearning of yoga and meditative time. Had a tremendously ugly parenting moment with Emerson a few hours ago at the MOMA. It was ugly and I'm not proud. But, there is always a new hour right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh and yes, setting and intention. Very important. It's the first step in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband is CEO of Manduka (manduka.com)---let me know if you need a friends/family discount:) they're pretty much the best: email me at melanielucy.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!