Monday, September 19, 2011

Happy Apple








My big girl turned four this past Tuesday so we spent the week doing all things Lila...oh, how I love that sweet, firecracker, smarty pants of a girl...I think our diet has consisted of almost nothing but pizza and cake since then and I'm desperately in need of some detox...oh, and I almost forgot about the ridiculous amount of apple cinnamon donuts I consumed at her party yesterday...in the rain...at the apple orchard...but a good time was had by all (and hopefully none of them have colds!)...and only one llama escaped...(true story!) Hope you all had a wonderful start to fall...
xoxo, M

PS - I'm kind of newly obsessed with evite site Paperless Post - the designs are super cute, there aren't any ads like Evite, and it simulates a card opening in the email...I've also sent thank you's through them (seriously if I have to mail something it sits around unaddressed for months - see Baby announcements & thank yous that are still only half sent) - how do you feel about emailed Thanks? Eco friendly and easy - seems like a win-win to me?


11 comments:

  1. I would love love LOVE to throw (or have!) a party in an apple orchard. Hailey's is too early (July) and Ryan's- too late (Nov.)!

    She's lucky :).

    He won... He won!!! (and for writing too... yay!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute... it all looks so wholesome and fun! not sure where i stand on emailed thanks. i don't mind receiving them but i still feel hesitant in sending them out. but yes, the designs on paperless post are super cute / un-tacky and we're all moving quickly towards a paperless state in general so i'm sure it'll soon be the norm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you had me at apple cinnamon donuts. indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a sweet birthday party, Michelle...great idea to do it at an orchard! Ben's birthday is in October and he used to love celebrating it at the pumpkin farm (between us, even though he is almost 11, I think he would still consider it :) ). I think sending out the thank yous in fun, attractive emails is a great compromise. We are still working on Iris' handmade ones from July and it is slooow going. I know many people around here don't expect a thank you anyway because they know it is challenging with youndg kids,so don't feel weird about the email. Feel proud that you are getting them out in a timely fashion! I recently downloaded Red Stamp (I have Paperless Post, too) but haven't used it yet...it looked like a fun option, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the idea of a birthday party at an apple orchard. of course my early afternoon brain is focused mainly on the thought of apple cinnamon donuts. if it weren't raining right now, i would be foraging for treats ;)

    i definitely like the idea of an emailed thank you card. these days it would take me about 4 months to get around to them, so thank goodness for cute alternatives to evite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like fun despite the rain. we need to get out to the orchard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This look so fun rain or shine!! And I love paperless post. I can now say this since my family has retired our hallmark store business. Before I would have been in trouble :) It is so easy and modern. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the link to Paperless Post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this for a birthday party idea. Dying to go apple picking, myself and I see nothing wrong with a steady diet of pizza and cake. Throw in a little bubbly and it sounds like my kind of party. Happy day to little Lila!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love Minnetonka Orchards! It's on our to go list for next month. I know we're going at least twice for sure. Happy birthday, L!

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!