Thursday, December 3, 2009

Gift Guide - Brooklyn Mama to Be...



Hmmm...what can I say about my friend Kat Johnson...Brooklynite, writer, mama to be, one of those girls that just oozes cool without trying too hard, That's Kat in a nutshell, well, that and she also happens to be smart, funny, well read, and totally genuine... I'm so excited to meet her new little guy when he arrives in January and I'm sure she'll take to motherhood effortlessly!  Here's her holiday wishlist:

Something I want:



Life-sized Hansa stuffed animal for the nursery. It's a great design piece for anywhere in the house, but the expense is more justifiable if the kiddo can play with it too. I'm partial to the polar bear, which is sold out, but the fawn and Shetland pony are pretty sick too.




Something I need:


Panini press from Williams-Sonoma. Alton Brown uses these to grill spatchcocked Cornish game hens and quail. I am a huge fan of small birds, especially in the winter, and I also want the excuse to say "spatchcock" as often as possible.





Something to wear:


Anything from All Saints. I'm counting the days till they open their New York store. As soon as I lose the pregnant belly, I'm treating myself to one of their romantic corseted dresses or coats. The shoes are also amazing and well-priced.






Something to read:



Right now I'm finishing up "A Gate at the Stairs" by Lorrie Moore and would recommend it to anyone. It's fantastic, gorgeously written, both hilarious and heartbreaking. I'm also dying to read Richard Holmes's "The Age of Wonder," an illustrated history of scientific and artistic discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!