Monday, August 23, 2010

Off The Grid...Sarah Hendler, ...sh...


 

"My off the grid escape is to Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tennessee.
It's my "off the grid in pure luxury" fantasy.  The farm is a Relais&Chateaux property which means it is a five star resort which also means it's not the most recession friendly farm around.  Why I dream of this place:  It's a working farm, they have the most incredible locally and seasonally sourced food, there is a spa, fireplaces, stargazing, you can hike in the Smoky Mountains and it's absolutely stunning.  I wrote a post on my blog about their cookbook at the beginning of the year.  I am still trying to figure out how to get myself (and the husband of course) on a trip out there to relax, learn and enjoy."

3 comments:

  1. Love Blackberry. Being a TN girl, this is my escape of choice as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous, and I always love a working farm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I would love to spend an afternoon watching the sunset in one of those chairs. Looks so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!