Monday, December 14, 2009

Gift Guide - Texas Sized Edition - Part 2 Dallas

Now that I've taken a visit to my hometown, it's time to hit the Big D and check in with two very inspiring women...



Christine Visneau is mama to two girls, designs one of my favorite children's collections  - Baby Bean Vintage Daywear, owns a stellar boutique, is a freelance stylist, is co-founder and fashion editor for the exceptionally cool Small Magazine, and keeps up a blog.  Whew!  I'm very excited to to visit Little Bean Shop on my holiday visit to Dallas where she keeps a sewing machine on hand for custom projects!  and of course, you can always shop online here...






something you want... Sculptural Art

Marcella - doubleparlour

something you need... a new modern sofa

CONTENT BY CONRAN 59TH STREET SOFA




something to wear...a comfy pair of boots that I can sew in but still look good.
Sigerson Morrison - Laceup Knee Boot - Taupe

something to read…inspiration for my photo shoots




 



Dallasite Joslyn Taylor is also a mama to two girls and author of two wildly popular blogs among many other projects.  You've already heard me profess my love for Raising Foodies, a must read for any parent who struggles with toddler appetites - and her aptly named Simple Lovely devoted to all things beautiful has also become one of my daily obsessions.  She curates a rotating selection of things for sale here and you can check out her gorgeous home -LOVe the kelly green and yellow! - here.  Thanks for all the inspiration Joslyn!!

something you want -- this bright blue Proenza Schouler wallet would make me happy every time I open my bag
 something your need...lots of film for the cool new instax camera my hubby got me for my birthday
something to wear...I'm having a major scarf/necklace moment right now. I'm equally smitten with this Matta Ombre scarf in Fog and this lovely swaggy chain necklace
and something to read...my girlies and I just saw The Fantastic Mr. Fox and we're obsessed. I'd love to the book to read to them before bed I'm also a huge fan of surf photography, so I'd love this book of Leroy Grannis' photos for my coffee table

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!