Sunday, December 6, 2009

Gift Guide - Artsy Moms...

The next two wishlists come from two women who are inspiring moms everywhere to add a daily dose of art and culture into their lives...and to that we say Bravo!!


Lenore Moritz is mama of 2 boys and the founder, editor, and curator of Momculture Online and Momculture Live.  Featuring a new artist each week, she helps us stay plugged in to what's hip & happening in all forms of culture. Subjects have included photographer Alec Soth, ballet dancer Kaitlin Gilliland, and illustrator Sophie Blackall.  Sign up here for your weekly dose!  If you live in the Twin Cities, the Live events are an excellent way to still hit that art exhibit you've been dying to see without calling in the babysitter and no cringing necessary when your 9 monh old has a meltdown during the prima ballerina's solo...I'm almost as excited as my 2 yr old about December's Nutcracker event!
Without further ado here is her holiday wishlist:



Something you want: a weekend away with my husband; to hear my intuition more often; to remember that comparison is the thief of joy; endless summer


Something you need: sweets; my time on the elliptical trainer to mentally decompress; to hear my kids' laughter

Something to wear: over-the-knee boots; skinny cords from Uniqlo

Something to read: my favorite magazine, New York; grounding mantras and meditations
 
 
 
 

Jean Van't Hul, mama of 2 girls,  started The Artful Parent as a way to chronicle the art she was making with oldest daughter Maia and the Toddler Art Group she had started . It also served a daily reminder to herself and others to parent more creatively. It's quickly become one of my must reads...both for her toddler friendly art projects as well as her interviews with authors and other artful parents.  Check it out here!  I'm adding starting a Toddler art group to my wishlist and here is hers:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 



something i want: One of Geninne's beautiful bird prints, check out her lovely blog as well...
something i need: a set of bowls
something to wear: a pair of boots
something to read: Gourmet Rhapsody by Muriel Barbery (I absolutely LOVED her Elegance of the Hedgehog, so have to read this one, too, now that it's out in English.)
 
 
Thanks Lenore and Jean for enriching our artistic lives!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!