Monday, July 27, 2009

Welcome!

After 2 years of adjusting to life as a stay at home mom my closet is a mess...populated with late night orders from J Crew, hurried purchases during a Target diaper run and prepregnancy silk and sparkles. Most of my new mommy friends would not guess that I spent my 20's working in designer boutiques, dressing stylish women for a living, and breaking the bank for my own Carrie Bradshaw-esque attire. My days were dressed in chiffon, my lunch breaks spent inhaling the pages of Vogue, Bazaar, and Elle (with a healthy sprinkling of Us Weekly), my nights wishing I hadn't worn those heels for 8 hours. I loved fashion, couldn't get enough. Then came the crash...I hit my 30's, the debt was piling up - I needed a breather. I was an alcoholic working in a bar so to speak. So, I quit my job, sold off my Manolos and Louboutins on ebay and promptly got pregnant. Which was just what the doctor ordered. With my new priorities in check I spent 9 blissful months preparing for a precious new life instead of my next shopping trip...whew! It was great! With a handful of vintage dresses, some well chosen statement necklaces, and a few pairs of flipflops I sailed through without breaking the bank.
Fast forward 2 years later and I am still wearing the same nursing tank I bought when Lila was born and the same pair of cutoffs I wore in my first trimester. It's time to shake things up. Yes, there are many more important things to focus on while raising a child. Lest you think I am a shallow girl who wishes to raise a future fashionista let me add that I am a super attentive, hands on, cosleeping, cloth diapering, still nursing, 24/7 mom. But I have to admit it completely made day when I put on a dress and my daughter said "pretty mommy!"

5 comments:

  1. I love this! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You so don't need to justify your interest in fashion. Co-sleeping or not, nursing or not, we deserve to feel good about ourselves inside and out! I've always thought you had a knack for looking good and choosing great accessories and now I know why.

    And now you make me want to have another look at the maxi dress i just bought during my "we need baby stuff" Target run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Girls! Rose - I couldn't have said it better myself...and I've bought many a cute maxi dress at Target!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I miss this two weeks ago! I love it! I found it through facebook. Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!