Monday, February 27, 2012

Wonder Woman

Full disclosure, I spent much of my early youth roaming the backyard in a cape so I might be a little partial to this look...but it was truly the only dress of the night that made me sigh...classic but forward and ever so sleek...well done Gwyneth & Tom Ford...
As for the Oscars...I didn't think any could be more of a snooze fest than last year but apparently I was wrong...with the exception of Bret McKenzie's win, Meryl's charming acceptance speech, and Angie's right leg I fast forwarded my way to a speedy conclusion...
and can we agree that there needs to be a ban on pre-show Botox treatments?   Those ultra-tight faces were giving me a headache...



Better dresses and fun to be had over at the Vanity Fair party to be sure...
okay...that's all! Tell me - who had you swooning & snoozing?
xoxo, M


10 comments:

  1. "angie's right leg"... lol, so true!

    http://nomadic-d.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. laughing at your botox recommendation. i was saying the exact same thing last night. (you gotta at least give it two weeks to sink in.) oh sandy... sigh.

    i also loved gwyneth's dress, but i don't think i really understood her hair? and i'm inviting angie over for some of my homemade pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Gwyneth, Rooney Mara, and I liked Emma Stone- a little too "Kidman" but she is just so darn likeable! I thought the show was pretty boring, though. And Tom Cruise looked totally different to me- work done on his face?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course, Gwyn was my fave. And I had no idea Bret did the Muppets Song. I'm a huge Flight of the Conchords fan! XO . T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snooze. I am with Stephanie, I was not crazy for Gwyneths hair. But I still love her all the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for inspiring my post today!!!
    sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say, the person I loved most at the ceremony was the writer who won the Oscar that Angie presented. To make fun of her posing and preening while she's only two feet away? Pure awesomeness. I probably shouldn't be so giddy that he called her on her bullsh...you know....but I just can't help it! :) xo-k

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED Gwyneth and Emma Stone... both so classic and Hollywood.
    I am with you Katie, Angie bugs... I loved that that guy called her out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, we may have been in the minority with our love of the cape but I'm standing strong. Loved her entire look. But then again, I was also a big fan of Emma's giant bow. And yes, Angie's whole thing just made me sad (for her).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that cape...a-mazing!! I so want one. I also liked Emma's gorgeous bow dress. Very few fashion moments.

    ReplyDelete

I'm hanging on your every word...let me know what you think!